Electronic governance or e-governance is the application of information and communication technology (ICT) for delivering government services, exchange of information, communication transactions, integration of various stand-alone systems and services between government-to-citizen (G2C), government-to-business (G2B), government-to-government (G2G), government-to-employees (G2E) as well as back-office processes and interactions within the entire government framework. Through e-governance, government services are made available to citizens in a convenient, efficient, and transparent manner.
e-Governance in India has steadily evolved from computerization of Government Departments to initiatives that encapsulate the finer points of Governance, such as citizen centricity, service orientation and transparency. Lessons from previous e-Governance initiatives have played an important role in shaping the progressive e-Governance strategy of the country. Due cognizance has been taken of the notion that to speed up e-Governance implementation across the various arms of Government at National, State, and Local levels, a programme approach needs to be adopted, guided by common vision and strategy. This approach has the potential of enabling huge savings in costs through sharing of core and support infrastructure, enabling interoperability through standards, and of presenting a seamless view of Government to citizens.
Important Projects Implemented In The District
- Enhance transparency – files can be tracked and their status is known to all at all times,
- Increase accountability – the responsibility of quality and speed of decision making is easier to monitor,
- Assure data security and data integrity
- Provide a platform for re-inventing and re-engineering the government,
- Promote innovation by releasing staff energy and time from unproductive procedures,
- Transform the government work culture and ethics,
- Promote greater collaboration in the work place and effective knowledge management
Website Link-: https://eoffice.punjab.gov.in
Human Resource Management System(iHRMS)-:
- To preserve employees’ most useful information currently available in their manual service book record to electronic form (e-Service Book) and to create a Searchable Employee Service Book database through data entry of master service book and online transactions there on.
- To make available eService book on the Internet supporting government effort to bring transparency in a user-friendly interface for use by both the department and Government employees.
- To reduce the manual effort
- To achieve the objective of RTI Act with regard to employee posting and transfers.
- To eliminate the redundant paper work to be performed at various levels
- Elimination of duplicate and inconsistent record keeping Faster Response to employee grievances related to promotion, transfer and posting
Website Link-: http://hrms.punjab.gov.in/
To enhance judicial productivity, both qualitatively & quantitatively, to make the justice delivery system affordable, accessible, cost effective, predictable, reliable and transparent.
Guardians of Governance(GOG)-:
The GoG scheme would help the state to oversee the implementation of Government schemes, increase transparency in governance, identify shortcomings/loopholes for corrective action by the concerned department, promote accountability at each level, put in place an effective monitoring mechanism at all levels of Governance up to the village level, and generate goodwill and faith in the administration.
National Generic Document Registration System(NGDRS)-:
More accuracy, transparency, sellers and buyers’ facilities in online registration apart from saving time and money.
Website Link-: https://www.igrpunjab.gov.in/
Under the public grievance mechanism any citizen of India can raise their problems, grievance or pleas to the central govt and state government Ministries and Departments.
Website Link-: http://www.publicgrievancepb.gov.in/
Smart Performance Appraisal Report Recording(SPARROW)-: